Getting Started with Apple Pay® and Samsung Pay®
To learn how to start using Apple Pay®, view our "How to Use Apple Pay®" video or download our Apple Pay® Instruction sheet.
Getting started with Apple Pay®
Getting started with Apple Pay® is easy, and once you’ve started you will never want to make a purchase any other way. Just follow these simple 7-steps:
- Open the “SETTINGS” icon on your iPhone® 6, 6s, 6+ and Apple Watch® and enable the Touch IDTM and Passcode functions. These functions are necessary for Apple Pay®.
- Find the “WALLET” Icon on your iPhone® 6, 6s, 6 +. If you have an iPhone® 5 series it will work by connecting with Apple Watch , look for the “PASSBOOK® or WALLET” icon.
- Open the WALLET or Passbook app and click “ADD CARD”.
- Place your Marquette Debit Card on a flat surface face up and using your iPhone® screen center the face of the card in the screen to scan in the card information. If you have trouble you can enter the information manually. Follow the prompts that appear on the screen after you have clicked “ADD CARD.”
- When all card information is successfully entered, a picture of your “virtual” Marquette Apple Pay® Debit Card will appear on the screen.
- Next call the special activation phone number that appears on the screen of your iPhone®, iPad or Apple Watch (You can simply tap the phone # on the screen to call). Your Marquette Apple Pay® card will not be activated until you call the number. Be sure to have the following information ready to provide to the customer service representative before you call:
- The 16-digit number on your Marquette Debit Card
- The name on the card
- Information about a recent debit card transaction
- The last four digits of the cardholders social security number
- The cardholders date of birth
These security measures are required to ensure the person establishing the Apple Pay® account is authorized to use the card. When your card is successfully activated, a message will appear on your Marquette Wallet page that verifies your card is ready to make purchases with Apple Pay®.
Using Apple Pay®
- Simply double click the "home button" at the bottom of your iPhone 6,6s, or 6+ and your Marquette Debit Card will appear.
- Use your passcode or fingerprint to activate Apple Pay.
- Follow the prompts that appear on your phone.
Apple Pay® is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.
To learn how to start using Samsung Pay®, download our Samsung Pay® instructions sheet.
Getting started with Samsung Pay®
Once you start using Samsung Pay®, you will never want to make a purchase any other way. Just follow these simple steps :
- Tap the “Apps” icon from the home screen.
- Then tap the “Samsung” folder.
- Tap “Samsung Pay.”
- Next, tap the “INSTALL” button on the bottom of the screen.
- Once the app has successfully been installed, tap “OPEN” then “START” in the bottom right corner.
- Log in to your Samsung account using your account ID and password then tap “SIGN IN” then “START.” (Note: A Samsung account is required to use Samsung Pay®)
- Next, the Samsung Pay® Terms of Service will appear on your screen. Once you have read everything, tap “AGREE TO ALL.”
- If you have not yet registered your fingerprint on your device, you will be given the chance to add it now. If you do not wish to set up your fingerprint, simply tap the, “SKIP AND USE SAMSUNG PAY PIN” link on the bottom of the screen.
- If you did choose to set up your fingerprint to unlock the device, you must set a pattern, PIN, or password to use when the device has been restarted, or when the device has not been used for more than 24 hours. Select one of the three options to setup.
- To register your fingerprint, place your finger on the “HOME” button. After the device detects your finger, lift it up and place it on the “HOME” button again. Repeat this action by moving your finger upwards or downwards until the fingerprint is registered.
- To verify your fingerprint, touch the “HOME” button with the registered finger.
- Now it is time to add your credit or debit cards to Samsung Pay by selecting “ADD CARD.”
- With your device’s camera, align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card number and expiration date.
- Confirm the detected information and enter any additional information if needed. Once this is completed tap “NEXT.”
- Review the Terms of Service, then tap “AGREE TO ALL.”
- Now you will need to verify your card. Select to either receive an SMS text message, email or call back. This process is to authenticate that you are the owner of the card. The card issuer will send a message/email, or call you with a verification code. Type it in the box then select “SUBMIT.”
- Next you will need to sign your name in the box on your screen. Once this is completed, click “SAVE.”
- To finish adding your card, tap “DONE.”
Congratulations! You have now officially added your card to Samsung Pay®!
A total of ten payment cards can be added to Samsung Pay®. These include credit cards, debit cards, and store credit cards. You may also add an unlimited number of gift cards to Samsung Pay®.