Because we've streamlined the mortgage loan process, you’ll get approvals quicker and be in your new home faster. Marquette is the only remaining locally headquartered bank. We have more loan originators than any other financial institution with offices in Erie and Crawford counties, so you are never waiting long. All underwriting, servicing and loan decisions are handled weekly right here ---in your hometown.
Local Customer Service
At Marquette, we service 100% of our loans locally for as long as you have your loan. Many lenders will sell your mortgage to investors you’ve never met, leaving it up to you to figure out the answers to the questions you’ll have later. Marquette is always here for you, now, or 30 years from now, in person, at a branch or directly by calling one of our offices.
Unlike many lenders, Marquette does not charge a broker fee, additional underwriter fee or fee for escrowing funds. The fees Marquette does charge are affordable and straight-forward, so you know just what the fee represents.
In most situations, escrowing for taxes and homeowner's insurance is optional and it’s free of charge. Plus, buyers have their choice of legal counsel for closings.
You’ll have a personal loan expert you can rely on to guide you through every step from pre-qualification to loan closing. Mortgage loan originators have direct contact with loan decision makers not a computer that makes decisions based on numbers.
Marquette offers a variety of mortgage loan options including bridge loans that make the transition from one home to another easy. Marquette Savings Bank is also one of just a few local financial institutions to offer portfolio loans — loans kept on Marquette's books for the entire duration of the loan. This loan can be more advantageous to borrowers for situations other financial institutions are not able to finance. Unable to put 20% down? Let the experts at Marquette explain your options. If you are a first-time home buyer or have not owned a home in the last three years Marquette’s Hometown Mortgage program may be just what you need to become a homeowner. The basic requirements for this program are:
- The price of the home is $70,000 or less
- And your Housing and Urban Development (HUD) adjusted income level qualifies
If you meet these requirements and would like to learn more about our Hometown Mortgage Program.
Open any new checking account before loan closing and Be Mpowered™ with:
- $100 toward closing costs on your new Marquette Mortgage¹
- An annual option² for a 0.25% increase on the posted interest rate for a Marquette certificate of deposit when you deposit $10,000 or more new money into the term of your choice.³
- Requirements include: Establishing a new qualified mortgage at Marquette Savings Bank in which credit is secured by the customers’ primary residence. To be eligible, customers must also establish an automated payment that originates from a Marquette Checking account. Requirements may be in addition to any checking account requirement.
- Free use of a 3” X 5” convenience box at any Marquette branch office that offers safe boxes.
- Larger sizes also available. If customer selects a larger size the fee for the 3”X 5” box will be credited to the larger box fee. Offer good while supplies last and is subject to availability.
- Free overdraft protection setup and free transfers
- Free box of checks each year (limited styles see bank for details)
Mortgage Advantage Disclosures
¹ Qualifying Mortgage loan must be new money and borrowed against the customer’s primary residence. Applies to installment loans and excludes revolving lines of credit.
² Limit one(1) CD rate increase per household per year.
³ Requirements include: Establishing a new qualified mortgage at Marquette Savings Bank in which credit is secured by the customer's primary residence. To be eligible, customers must also establish an automated payment that originates from a Marquette checking account. Requirements may be in addition to any checking account requirement.
To learn more about the Marquette Mortgage Advantage, please contact any mortgage loan originator or call (814) 455-4481 or toll-free 1-866-MSB-ERIE.